Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow day.

"Clothesline and Swing" 2011
The view from my back deck

I almost forgot the thrill and anticipation of waiting, wishing and hoping for those magical words to appear:  SNOW DAY.  WE ARE CLOSED.

"Sammis" 2011
While snow days as a child are the greatest thing on earth-- you miss school, you spend the day sledding and drinking hot chocolate-- they seem to be a little less fun for adults.  Sure, I got to spend the day at home, not working, but I'm going to have to dig my car out of 15+ inches of snow, and to make the day even less fun, Dan HAD to go to work.  They were going to send someone to pick him up.  That's how important he is at work (doctors tend to be pretty important).  Instead he drove himself and how he made it there safely in his little Corolla, I'll never know.


So I've spent the day doing laundry, watching SNL reruns, watching the snow, sleeping on and off and drooling over what may be my next handbag...

LAMB Trademark Audrey Leather Tote
While watching an old episode of SNL, Paris Hilton was hosting and Keane was the musical guest.  I realized that Keane's lead singer, Dominic Scott, bears a striking resemblance to A League of Their Own's Marla Hooch.  See for yourself:

Keane vs. Marla Hooch




So, as you can see...  it's been a very busy snow day for me.  I think I'll make myself a cup of hot cocoa, snuggle back up on the couch and hope the rest of my laundry does itself.


xo,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment