Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Looking Forward To: Ver. 01


1.  Going home for Xmas and seeing my family and friends.

2.  Blue Cheese Mushroom soup from Annabell Lee Tavern. My favorite restaurant in all of Charm City. Yum!

3. Spending my first Xmas eve with Dan in our apartment with our tree



4. SoulPancake the BOOK arriving!













I saw Rainn Wilson (Dwight Schrute) plugging this book on Conan and it's exactly what I've been looking for! He explained that the book has tidbits throughout it like trying random acts of kindness-- For example: Reverse Pickpocket. Take a $5 or even a $1 and put it in a stranger's pocket or purse or whatever. This came right after Dan and I had gone to a restaurant and I picked a flower from the front of the restaurant and put it under a stranger's windshield wiper. I know that would brighten my day...

The book (and website which you can sign up for FREE soulpancake.com both include creative challenges, which I'm a big fan of. The only thing I really miss about school was the assignments. Someone to give me projects that would force me to be creative. I loved that. Now I've found a place online where I can get that daily. It's also a social site so you can talk to others, post your own creative challenges and random questions (like creative challenges for writers). For example: "What is your favorite piece of silverware to wash?" Fun! Which brings me to number 5.


5. My DAILY CHALLENGES!!








I stumbled upon this cool little site yesterday while reading through Kelle Hampton's Blog. It's a site that provides daily challenges for you to accomplish-- little goals which make the big picture less overwhelming. Things that either boost your emotional health or physical health. It's excellent and I'm really digging it so far.

That's what I'm looking forward to at the moment.  That and this migraine to go away...

xo,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment