Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring is in the air...

It's in my bones.  I can feel it.  I was driving home yesterday and snapped these few pictures at my favorite moment in my commute.  The trees part, there are mountains in the distance and to my right is the sunset that casts  beautiful neon pinks and oranges that dance along the edges of the clouds.



I'm fighting these last few weeks of cold.  We'll have a day like yesterday, where I ripped off my scarf after work and declared "Spring is here!!"  I cracked my windows, blared my "girl rock" Pandora station and sang with my wayfarers on all the way home.  I caught myself with the goofiest smile on my face.  Then I went to the gym and when I walked out and hour later, I thought I was going to die of hypothermia.  It's such a tease...


Regardless, that little glimpse of what it soon to come is just what I needed.  I am a different person when it's warm and sunny out.  I appreciate life differently-- for all the good there is in it.  When it's dark and gloomy and cold, I still try to be appreciative, but find myself looking at it from an "I'm lucky to have these amazing people in my life to drag me through these times" kind of way.  When it's beautiful out, I can appreciate having those same amazing people in my life to celebrate each day with.  It's just different and very welcomed.

So, come on, Spring.  I know you're there.  Don't be scared.  Come on in.  The water's fine.  ;-)

xo,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment