Friday, February 25, 2011

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.

I got to say it was a good day.



Ice Cube got it right. Damn.

I just wanted to take a moment to say IT WAS A GOOD DAY!  And it's only 4pm.

I've been beyond creative and full of ideas at work.  Collaborating has come with ease in the past two days and it's really been exciting me.  I've been toying with the idea of shooting for Creative Director or at least being more involved with the creative process (in advertising) for a while, now, and I've finally gotten right into it.  Sink or swim, and I'm Michael Phelps.

It feels so good.

That doubled with the fact that two of my dearest friends are coming up to CT tonight (Adina from PA and Boots all the way from OH!!!) to see me.  Man.  I have been here for about 6 months, now, and none of my friends have made it up to see me, yet.  I'm beyond excited to have visitors.

I adore Dan so very much, and I'm so absolutely lucky to have him in my life, but having a lack of females around can get a gal down.  Even though I still do all of the same things I did previously before moving to CT, I don't have anyone to talk makeup with or play dress up with.  I still do those things and Dan puts up with them, but he isn't really involved with what I'm talking about/doing.  I'm totally doing it up on Saturday before we go out.  I'm THRILLED.

On top of the great creativity that flowed today and yesterday, I upgraded Final Cut today (my editing software), which is always sexy, and THEN was startled by the yelling of "Get ya beeeeee-ah heeeee-ah" from my office door.  It was my boss with a makeshift "beer cart" full of delicious Hooker and Harpoon beers.  YUM.


The work day hasn't even ended, and yet, I'm nothing but smiles and energy.  I can't wait to see my friends tonight.  It's only going to enhance what I'm already feeling.

Happy Friday, indeed.

xo,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment